Click Here to view "Printer-Friendly" Instructions.
Click Here to view Microwave Heating Instructions.
Italian Beef Heating Instructions
Beef must be received at 40 degrees or less.
Gravy comes with spice block. Do not discard this block. Spice block gives the gravy its flavor.
Heat gravy and sweet peppers on the stovetop with a medium heat. Bake bread at 450° for 5 minutes in the oven.
Flake beef and add to gravy in small amounts after gravy reaches a 180 degree temperature.
Transfer heated gravy and beef to a warmed crockpot and begin making sandwiches.
Rib Heating Instructions
Using your own thermometer, check the temperature of the rib package. Make sure that temperature is 40 degrees or less.
- Pre-heat gas grill and set at medium-high or on charcoal grill, set rack high enough so ribs do not come in direct contact with flame. Be sure coals are thoroughly heated (red hot).
- Place the award winning ribs on the grill with the ends of the bones touching the grill. Put the meat side up.
- Using a basting brush, sauce the ribs evenly over the top including the bones.
- Cook approximately four minutes, or until the tips of the bones become blackened, being careful not to burn them. If you see bubbling on the ends of the bones, the ribs are being overcooked. Move them to a cooler part of the grill or reduce the flame.
- Using long tongs, turn the ribs over, being careful not to break them apart.
- Using a basting brush, sauce the ribs evenly once again.
- Cook approximately 3 to 4 minutes, or until there are char marks over the ribs and the meat sizzles.
- Turn the ribs over carefully as the meat may stick to the grill. Sauce evenly once again.
Enjoy our Award Winning ribs. Have plenty of napkins ready for a finger-licking good meal!
Food Safety Caution: The ribs in this package must be at 40° or colder upon receipt. If not, please call 630-851-5151. Do not serve. We will make arrangements to pick up and have your food replaced.
Hotdog Heating Instructions
Are you ready to try Chicago's best hotdog?
A "Portillo's" Chicago style hot dog is a "natural skin on" all beef hot dog served in a steamed poppy seed bun loaded with mustard, relish, onions, tomatoes, kosher pickle spear, sport peppers and Portillo's own seasoning salt.
To prepare this delicacy follow these simple steps:
- Put on the supplied Authentic Portillo's crew hat.
- Heat the hot dogs
- Fill a 4-quart pot with one and a half quarts of water (48 ounces).
- Bring the water to a boil, turn the water down until it stops boiling, or a slight simmer. (DO NOT COOK HOT DOGS IN BOILING WATER)
- Place desired number of hot dogs into water and cook uncovered for 20 minutes. This is one of the critical steps to get the genuine Portillo's flavor.
- While hot dogs are cooking prepare the condiments.
- Wash thoroughly.
- With a sharp or serrated knife cut tomatoes in half through the core.
- Cut the core out.
- Slice tomatoes into ¼ inch slices, approximately 6 slices per half.
- Peel onion
- Chop onion coarsely, approximately ¼ inch by ¼ inch pieces.
- Cut pickle in half lengthwise.
- Cut each half into 2-3 slices lengthwise. (Remember you need 10 pieces out of 2 pickles)
- Steam the hot dog buns
- Do not steam buns until hot dogs have cooked for 20 minutes.
- Place package of hot dog buns into a microwave, if fewer buns are desired put them into plastic bag and loosely close bag.
- Heat buns on high for 2 to 2 ½ minutes. (If fewer buns are desired heat for 45-60 seconds)
- Be cautious when opening, escaping steam and hot dog buns will be extremely hot.
- Assemble the Hot dogs in Genuine Portillo's style.
- Carefully open steamed bun completely.
- Place hot dog into bun with ends curling up.
- Top with desired condiments in the following order; Mustard, Relish, Onion, Tomato slices, Portillo's Seasoning salt (one shake per slice), Pickle spear and Sport Peppers.
The tamales are precooked and ready to eat.
For best results:
- Steam frozen tamale in wrapper for 30 minutes.
- Boil frozen tamale in wrapper for 10 minutes.
- Remove from wrapper and serve.
Enjoy Your Tamales!
What, no leftovers? Visit us again at PORTILLOS.COM to satisfy your next craving. Thank you for choosing Portillo's for your long distance treat.